Writing about soccer, the world’s most expensive cult.
- My Favourite Year/ Nick Hornby, ed.
- The cover shown in The Festering Book Browser is from the UK edition of the book. The American edition has a drab cover with some complete prat swinging a noisemaker.
- The Thinking Fan’s Guide to the World Cup/ Matt Weiland & Sean Wilsey, eds.
- Love & Blood-At The World Cup with The Footballers, Fans, and Freaks/ Jamie Trecker
- Despite the title, Jamie Trecker is rather fond of the Germans.
- Julie & Me, and Michael Owen Makes Three
- Death of a dream
- Julie & Me: The Treble Year
- Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby
- The Miracle of Castel di Sangro
- The Invasion of Europe by The Barbarians/J.B. Bury
- Okay, so… technically, it’s not about soccer. But it should be, especially with that title; especially with Euro2008 preparing to feature new-boys Croatia and Romania, and a pair of rag-tag Alpine teutons Switzerland and Austria. All the Celts, Anglo-Saxons and Normans have been eliminated — shockingly, shamefully. The dark horse might be the Greeks. (Geddit?! Call Eric Bana now!) Next summer, it’ll be the Slavs and Teutons looking to topple the corrupt Roman Empire.
- My Favourite Year
- The Thinking Fan’s Guide…
- Julie & Me, and Michael Owen (that plank!)
- Fever Pitch
Check out The Festering Book Browser for cover images.